Tuesday, December 6, 2011

2012 Reading Challenges

2012 Reading Challenges

I have been giving some serious thought to what kind of reading I want to do in 2012 and the types of books I want to challenge myself to read more of. 

My personal reading challenge this year will be to read 12 Pulitzer prize winning novels, one Pulitzer book a month.  It has been a goal of mine to read all of these books for awhile now and every year they add a new winner and I find myself not able to keep up.  Maybe I will create a button and add a page to my blog in case other bloggers and readers want to join me.  What do you think?  Would you consider this as a reading goal in 2012?  Please let me know if you are interested.

I am also going to join Sheila from Book Journey for her Where Are You Reading? challenge.  This entails trying to read books that take place in each of all the 50 states.  You set up a map in google maps and pinpoint your books location.  You also upload a picture of the book to picassa web albums.  Since I only read about 75 books a year, 50 states may be hard to complete.  I am not planning to alter my reading plans but am curious to see what my reading map looks like at the end of 2012.  It must be the map loving, geography teacher part of me that is so excited for this interesting challenge. 

So far that is my plan for 2012.   I am still debating with myself on whether or not to add other reading challenges to my plate. 

Looking forward to reading in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment