Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reading and Writing goals for 2012

Reading and Writing goals for 2012

This year I have decided to branch out and try something new.  My New Year's resolution is to join a writing group and to write at least one page a day in the novel I have begun.  I would like to blog everyday but that seems impossible with my teaching schedule, my mommy schedule, not to mention my wifely responsibilities.  Life is impossibly busy around here so I intend to post at least 15 times a month.

My reading goals include reading 76 books in 2012.  I have joined 3 reading challenges this year and even created one of my own.  I am looking forward to a great adventure in reading this year.

1.   I plan to read 12 Pulitzer Prize winning books for the Pulitzer Prize challenge that I created.  This is considered the Gold Medal level.  It has always been a goal of mine to read all of the Pulitzer Prize winners in the novel category and so this year I have decided to tackle it.  I hope some of you will join me on this challenge.

2.  I am joining the War Through the Generations challenge on World War One, The Great War.  I plan to read at the wade level which is 4-10 books.  Incidentally my grandma was born on Armistice Day in 1918. 

3.  I decided to try the What's In a Name 5 Challenge.  This one is going to be fun.  You have to try and read according to a category and the name of a book.  A creative challenge I am looking forward to.  I almost have a book done for this challenge already. 

4.  The last reading challenge I am doing is Where Are You Reading? challenge where you try a read a book that takes place in every state in the United States.  I don't really plan to change my reading habits for this but plan to track the places I read about on the google map.  I really read a lot of World Literature so it will be interesting to see the places I visited in my books. 

If you are interested in joining any of these challenges, the buttons in my sidebar link to the hosting website. 

What are your reading and writing goals?  What interesting challenges are you tackling?

No comments:

Post a Comment