Monday, July 8, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

One Upon a Read-a-Thon

I am participating in Once Upon a Read-a-Thon for the third year in a row.  Since it is summer, I usually make this a family experience so my son and my daughter will also be participating.  It is hard to rope them in as they are getting older (15 and 12) and so many things take precedence over reading lately.  But I am getting them to commit to read at least an hour a day or to read one book over the three days.
This read-a-thon is hosted by Pure Imagination, Candace's Book blog and Reading Angels.  There is still time to sign up if you are interested.


Goals for the Read-a-Thon:

Georgia (my 12 year old)-  Her goal is to finish reading The One and Only Ivan and to read at least 3
hours over these three days.

Max (my 15 year old)- He hasn't chosen his book yet but it is narrowed down to three so I will let you know in an update.

Reward:  If my kids accomplish their reading goals in the Read-a-Thon, I promised to buy them a new book.

My Goals ( I'm forever 29) - I am going to read and finish The Year of the Gadfly by Jennifer Miller.  I will read about 100 pages in The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory for a Read-a-Long I'm doing with The True Book Addict blog.  I would also like to start another book but I haven't decided what it will
be yet.  I plan to complete at least one reading challenge a day and of course to have fun.

Yahoo. Here is to a great summer Read-a-Thon!!