Saturday, November 2, 2013

November Author in the Spotlight

November Author in the Spotlight.

I'm sorry to say, I am a day late with this post.  I had one heck of a stressful and busy Friday and now I have a busy weekend of grading papers ahead of me.

November promises to a wonderful month.  My daughter turns 13 on the 13th in 2013.  How cool is that?  So we are having a big birthday party for her.  I also host Thanksgiving at my house and we are expecting around 30 people this year.  So that means cleaning the whole house (which is good) and in my down time, I plan to read and read and read some more.  I am looking forward to reading the book, Europe on 5 Wrong Turns a Day by November Author in the Spotlight, Doug Mack.

Here is the synopsis from GoodReads:


Prepare to Get Lost on the Beaten Path...

When Doug Mack picked up a 1963 edition of Europe on Five Dollars a Day, he stumbled on an inspired idea: to boldly go where millions have gone before, relying only on the advice of a travel guide that's nearly a half century out-of-date. Add to the mix his mother's much- documented grand tour through Europe in the late 1960s, and the result is a funny and fascinating journey into a new (old) world, and a disarming look at the ways the classic tourist experience has changed- and has not-in the last generation.

After a whirlwind adventure spanning eight countries-and costing way more than five dollars a day-Mack's endearing account is part time travel, part paean to Arthur Frommer's much-loved guide, and a celebration of the modern traveler's grand (and not-so-grand) tour.

This month you can expect a book review, an author interview, a contest and a hopefully a guest post.  Check out Doug Mack's website at http://douglasmack.net/