Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Book A Day Summer Challenge

Book A Day Summer Challenge by Nerdy Book Club
 
I ran across this challenge on twitter, to read a book a day during the summer, and I thought, I could probably do this.  I have so many books stacked in piles around my house from a variety of genres that I thought it would be nice to read a bunch of them this summer and since I'm stuck on the couch with my feet up (two sprained ankles), the timing is perfect.

Book A Day Summer Challenge

So today marks Day #1.  My first official day of summer.  Yesterday I turned in my grades and cleaned my classroom.  Today I am reading and writing and driving my kids around town.

Book #1
The book I finished reading today was:  The Gendarme by Mark Mustian.  This is about WWI and the Armenian genocide.  It was so powerful.  This year marks the 100th anniversary of World War I.

I plan to read a variety of books for this challenge like novellas, graphic novels, audiobooks, children's books, poetry, short stories and more.  So excited to try this and see how it goes.  If I can read 5 books a week I will be happy.

I will try and update you periodically on this challenge.

If you have any good suggestions for a book I can finish in a day.  Please let me know.

Happy Reading!