Friday, November 14, 2014

My Favorite Literary Podcasts.

My Favorite Bookish Podcasts.

The Moth Podcast

The Moth Story podcast is one of my favorites. True stories told by real people.  These stories have made me laugh, cry, cringe and smile with relief.  I love these stories.  Its like a story slam in every podcast and you are the winner because you get to hear stories from all walks of life.  Listen once and you'll be hooked.

Go to www.themoth.org or download through Itunes or Stitcher.

Books on the Nightstand:

Books on the Nightstand is a weekly 30 minute podcast about books and the love of reading.  Reliable segments that I love and look forward to include Audio book of the week and Two books we can't wait for you to read.  Michael and Ann are knowledgeable and full of personality plus they have a blog with show notes and a Goodreads group as well.

Go to http://booksonthenightstand.com/

Literary Disco

I think Literary Disco is my favorite podcast ever.  It is bi-weekly and over an hour long.  It is three 30-40 something writers/readers/friends who come together to talk about books.  They choose one book to read and discuss, there is always a great discussion, usually some swearing and there is always laughing involved.  Most of the time, I have never heard of the book but that is OK, because their discussion does not alienate their listeners. They also have fun segments and my favorite is bookshelf roulette.  I never miss this podcast.

Go to:  http://www.literarydisco.com/

BookRiot

Book Riot is where you need to go to get your Book News about the wonderful world of books andreading.  Plus they have a kick ass website and cool ideas and bookish clubs, like Riot Reads and Book Riot Quarterly box and I subscribe to both because I'm a total book nerd.  Book Riot is a weekly podcast about an hour long, full of interesting discussion on a variety of book topics. Jeff and Rebecca are great hosts and editors of BookRiot.  This podcast has spun new literary podcasts like Dear Book Nerd, Reading Lives and Oh' Comics.

Go to:  http://bookriot.com/

What are you favorite Literary Podcasts?

Leave a comment because I want to know.