Saturday, August 1, 2015

Announcing the August Author in the Spotlight

Announcing the August Author in the Spotlight

Hi Everyone.  Happy August.  August is always so bittersweet to me as it means I have to return to work and teaching full time and while I love my job I enjoy my free time during the summer with my children more.

This month is my 30th class reunion, which I am missing because I am going on a short vacation to Door County, Wisconsin with my daughter and friends.  I have never missed a class reunion until now.

I plan to enter a poetry contest this month and maybe a fiction or non-fiction one too if I can make the time.  If you haven't noticed, this year I have been blogging a little less so I have more time to create other types of writing, like poetry.

The August Minnesota Author in the Spotlight is Rebecca A Hahn and she has written two young adult novels.  Her newest book The Shadow Between the Stars will be released on September 1st.  I am so excited to read her books this month.

This month you can expect a book review, an author interview, a guest post and a giveaway.

Here are Rebecca's books and the synopsis from Goodreads:

The Shadow Behind the Stars:
A girl’s dark destiny could cause the unraveling of the world in this spellbinding novel from the author of A Creature of Moonlight, which Kirkus Reviews called “cumulatively stunning” in a starred review.

Heed this warning, mortal: stay far away from the three sister Fates. For if they come to love you, they might bring about the end of the world…

Chloe is the youngest. Hers are the fingers that choose the wool, that shape the thread, that begin it. The sun smiles upon her. Men love her without knowing who she is. She has lived forever and will live forever more. She and her sisters have been on their isolated Greek island for centuries, longer than any mortal can remember. They spin, measure, and slice the countless golden threads of human life. They are the three Fates, and they have stayed separate for good reason: it is dangerous for them to become involved with the humans whose lives they shape.

So when a beautiful girl named Aglaia shows up on their doorstep, Chloe tries to make sure her sisters don’t become attached. But in seeking to protect them, Chloe discovers the dark power of Aglaia’s destiny. As her path unwinds, the three Fates find themselves pulled inextricably along—toward mortal pain, and mortal love, and a fate that could unravel the world.

A Creature of Moonlight:

A stunning debut novel about a girl who is half dragon, half human, and wholly herself.

As the only heir to the throne, Marni should have been surrounded by wealth and privilege, not living in exile-but now the time has come when she must choose between claiming her birthright as princess of a realm whose king wants her dead, and life with the father she has never known: a wild dragon who is sending his magical woods to capture her.

Fans of Bitterblue and Seraphina will be captured by A Creature of Moonlight, with its richly layered storytelling and the powerful choices its strong heroine must make.

You can find Rebecca at her website:  http://rebeccahahnbooks.com/